The Domina 12-inch 8-note steel tongue drum comes with an installed piezo pickup and standard 1/4-inch jack; pre-tuned to the C Major pentatonic scale (G3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4 C5 D5). The Domina is the female voice of the Opus series with warm clean tones tunable in 3 different octaves and 432Hz. Includes a pair of black mallets (MLTRSBA) and display ring.
PITCH RANGE* OF EACH TONGUE WITH STANDARD MAGNET PACK:
Tongue #1: G3, G#3 (largest tongue)
Tongue #2: B3, C4, C#4
Tongue #3: C#4, D4, D#4
Tongue #4: E4, F4
Tongue #5: F4, F#4, G4
Tongue #6: A4, A#4, B4
Tongue #7: A#4, B4, C5
Tongue #8: C#5, D5, D#5, E5 (smallest tongue)
*Tuner is set to A=440Hz
Here are a few scales that are easy to tune on the Domina:
C Major Penta G3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4 C5 D5
C Minor Penta G3 C4 D#4 F4 G4 A#4 C5 D#5
Raga Desh G3 C4 D4 F4 G4 B4 C5 D5
Ionian Penta G3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4 C5 D5
Dorian Penta G3 C4 D4 F4 G4 A#4 C5 D5
Mixolydian Penta G3 C4 D4 F4 G4 A4 C5 D5
The Advanced Magnet Pack (sold separately) allows you to tune down to hundreds of different scales.
Important Magnet and Choking Hazard Safety Warning!
Read this warning before you buy and use the magnets!
Disclaimer: Mid-East Mfg., Inc. neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase. Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
1. Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
2. Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175¡F (80¡ C).
3. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
4. Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
5. Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
Item Weight: 7.55 lbs.
Item Length: 12 Inches
Item Height: 5 Inches
Item Width: 12 Inches
Packed Weight: 8.75 lbs.
Ship Weight: 8.75 lbs.
Ship Length: 14 Inches
Ship Height: 7 Inches
Ship Width: 14 Inches